Saturday, June 29, 2013

July Julep Box

I was up in the air as to whether to get the July Julep box. I skipped last month because the BB, sorry, DD Cream looked too dark for my skin, and I am militantly anti-Oompa-Loompa. Also, last month was skipped because the colors were meh. Nail polish is my thing now, it used to be purses, so I have a pretty extensive color selection. I have sworn not to buy any more purples, be they lilac, grape or aubergine, because I have a glut of purples in all forms. Duochromes, creams, glitters, and one jelly that I got before the purple ban was enacted (I don't know really whether I like jellies or not, they're fussy, but when you get them right, they're pretty cool.) My style profile is boho glam, and the colors were a seafoam green (which I like, but already have similar shades) and yellow, which I have a couple of. I hate yellow nail polish, though I love yellow as a color. It's always streaky and can look weird with my skin tone, but I do an occasional yellow accent nail.

TL:DR: I didn't get the June box. I'm not really a Nantucket-y kind of girl, but it was a cute concept.

My Maven selection email came last week, and I was feeling the same way, especially with dry body oil as your 'not nailpolish' product. The only thing that swayed me is that I am lacking in peach and bronze polishes, and I really wanted the Fireworks add-on to do a 4th of July manicure, and I could get it free with my Jules.

It came today, and I'm so psyched to do my 4th of July mani tonight after the kiddos are in bed and I'm done my errands for the weekend, including the monster grocery list for two different grocery stores, and Walmart, Target or Dollar General for cleaning supplies. I tried the dry oil right away because my legs are ashy something fierce, but 100+ degree heat makes you want to skip the lotion after showering. I liked it, it sunk in very quickly, wasn't greasy, and smelled nice, as promised by the promo materials.We'll see how lovely it is after my actual shower in which I shave my stubbly legs.

Note: So far as I can tell, my readership is me at this point, so I don't think it will matter whether I follow the FTC Guidelines for disclosure or not.

FTC CYA: I bought this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment